Ferrics, Alums & Polymers
|All||≤ 150° F.||Isophthalic Polyester|
|All||> 150° F. to ≤ 170° F.||Derakane 411 / Isophthalic Polyester|
|All||> 170° F.||Derakane 411|
1. If there is a chance that the tank may be used to store a different chemical later, Belding Tank recommends using Derakane 411 vinyl ester resin in the corrosion barrier and isophthalic polyester resin in the structural layers even if temperatures are below 150° F.
Co/MEKP (Cobalt Octoate / Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide)
No post cure required.
If the tank is to be located outdoors:
- Each tank has U.V. inhibitor in the exterior resin layer.
- Gel coat may be added as an option.
Belding Tank uses only Integral (neck and flange face molded together) flanged nozzles.
Bolting Material: T-316 S.S. Standard
Gasket Material: EPDM Standard
Unless otherwise noted, all tanks are designed for atmospheric pressure only.
Belding Tank recommends the vent be equal to or larger than the largest inlet or outlet fitting.
Plumbing to the tank:
Use of flexible connections resistant to sodium hypochlorite –
- Allows for lateral and vertical expansion and contraction of the tank
- Reduces pump and piping vibration stress on the tank
NOTE: Flexible Connections should be connected to the tank flange. Piping, valves and pumps must have structural support independent of the tank.