Operation and Maintenance Instructions
Because fiberglass reinforced plastic tanks have unique, physical and structural characteristics; they are flexible, lightweight, corrosion resistant, and stronger than tanks made of other plastic materials. Care, however, should be taken to follow the Belding Tank Technologies Handling and Installation instructions. (See pdf download)
UPON RECEIPT OF TANK:
- Inspect your tank thoroughly upon receipt.
- Follow the Handling and Installation instruction. Failure to do so may void tank warranty
- Wash your tank thoroughly w/detergent and rinse before putting in service (see FDA Requirements).
AFTER THE TANK IS PUT IN SERVICE:
- Keep the tank clean.
- Make a visual tank inspection inside and outside the tank every 6-12 months.
- If your tank has been supplied with a screen on your vent, care should be taken to inspect the screen regularly and kept clean and unobstructed. The screen will reduce the airflow. CAUTION: Condensate on the screen during cold weather may freeze which may result in damage to the tank. BTT recommends removing the screen during cold weather months.
- Rapid temperature changes to the ﬁberglass tank MUST BE AVOIDED, especially going from a hot tank to a cold tank.
See downloadable PDF for Belding Tank Technologies full Operation and Maintenance Instruction Manual.